Food And Arthritis

Add the RIGHT foods to your diet to REDUCE arthritic pain and inflammation.
Include the WRONG foods to your diet and INCREASE arthritic pain and inflammation.
My choice? A life-journey based on a low-oil whole-food plant based diet.
Whatever your current state of health, make yourself healthier - you deserve it. Start your plant based diet journey today.

Monday 11 April 2016

A History of My Arthritis

Forty years ago, around the age of 23 one Sunday in spring I went cycling. By the time I got home I felt stiff in my knees.  So I rested up.  By the next morning my legs were like balloons and soon to hospital I went.

Six months of physiotherapy and a diagnosis of Psoriatic Arthropathy was the result. Not just my knees were affected, rather almost every joint in body seemed to have aged another 30 years.
This was followed by 40 years of stability leaving me to work,  play badminton, swim and walk at the weekends.  All I needed was a blister pack of Diclofenac Sodium per year of so.
Until a year ago, when all hell broke loose. Since then my condition deteriorated and deteriorated until by Christmas I could hardly walk.  I would have some good days but these were outnumbered by bad ones.   The volatility in particular was really difficult to deal with.

My doctor prescribed a range of medicines and once my liver stabilised I joined the rest of the arthritic world on Methotrexate.   However nothing seemed to give me anything but relief for a few hours.   Even worse the medium and long term prospects looked grim.

The only upside, and its a poor one, was the agreement  by my rheumatologist to operate on both knees,  once I was stable. However stability had been very elusive. 

I eventually found some research indicating diet may have a direct effect.  So I started juicing vegetables and reduced my gluten, and then my dairy and finally nightshades. But the Internet provided very confusing contradictions.  Until I found the Clint Paddison program,  and suddenly I saw a glimmer of hope.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I read your post top to bottom and I really like this. I was searching for the some information about arthritis and I found it on your post. Thanks again. Arthritis treatment

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in fact grateful to the holder of this site who has shared this
    wonderful article at here.

    ReplyDelete