Food And Arthritis

Add the RIGHT foods to your diet to REDUCE arthritic pain and inflammation.
Include the WRONG foods to your diet and INCREASE arthritic pain and inflammation.
My choice? A life-journey based on a low-oil whole-food plant based diet.
Whatever your current state of health, make yourself healthier - you deserve it. Start your plant based diet journey today.

Wednesday 13 April 2016

Dowsing results are in

Many people with arthritis look for help wherever they can find it, partly because of the all-consuming pain and life changing nature, and also because you just need help, any help.  I had an offer of being dowsed to ascertain any food intolerances.  Here are my results:
  • Dairy - Cows’ dairy products give a strong negative reaction. Goats’ dairy products, however, are good for you. Sheep dairy products are OK as are soya cheese and milk, but neither has a strong positive reaction.
  • Meat - Chicken is the only meat that seems good for you - red meats definitely not. Quorn is also OK.
  • Fish - All fish is good for you, especially oily fish. (Cod liver oil, however, was questionable, so perhaps not a good supplement for you.) However, shellfish are clearly not good for you - crab, lobster, prawns, etc.
  • Grains - As I think you already know, grains containing gluten are not good for you, i.e. wheat, barley, rye - wheat showed a particularly strong negative response. Corn, millet, oats and rice were all fine.
  • Beverages - Anything based on gluten-containing grains is not good for you, e.g. beer/whisky (sorry!) Also, red wine appears to be better for you than white and rose wine. Caffeinated coffee and tea give a negative response, but the decaffeinated varieties are OK. Carbonated water is showing as not good for you and bottled water is showing as better for you than tap water. 
  • Vegetables - The family of vegetables aubergine, peppers, potatoes, tomatoes give a strong negative reaction - tomatoes the worst. All other vegetables tested seem fine.
  • Fruit - The only negative reactions are from green grapes and dried fruit from green grapes (raisins and sultanas). 
  • Other - Eggs, beans, seeds, nuts, pulses, sugar, vegetable oils, salt and herbs all give a positive response. The only negative reactions are from hot spices, e.g. chilli, cumin, paprika.
Whether or not dowsing makes sense, I consider this a great result.  It helps build confidence the plant-based diet I am heading for is right for me.  It also guides me to and away from certain food stuffs.  I do not need to believe or understand how dowsing works.

By the way, I had met this dowser once some month ago and apart from a knowledge that I had some health issues she knew very little else about me.

I will post here if there are any strange effects from my food choices and this list.  Last night I had some goats cheese with a sweet potato and this morning I have no swellings!  Result.

No comments:

Post a Comment