Food And Arthritis

Add the RIGHT foods to your diet to REDUCE arthritic pain and inflammation.
Include the WRONG foods to your diet and INCREASE arthritic pain and inflammation.
My choice? A life-journey based on a low-oil whole-food plant based diet.
Whatever your current state of health, make yourself healthier - you deserve it. Start your plant based diet journey today.

Wednesday 25 May 2016

Some Milestones

I'm not a person that likes targets.  Perhaps a life of failing has made me resistant to them.  However I have noticed improvements and wanted to let you know the changes.

When I started this diet I felt glorious.  Whilst just drinking water and fresh vegetable juices I had no pain, and that was a complete miracle to my mind.  If life without food was possible I was almost prepared to sign up to it there and then.  I did not mind people eating great foods, indeed I enjoyed the smells very much.  And all the time I sat there and felt wonderful.

Annoyingly after a few days I started to eat my basic foods and pain came back.  I so wanted to return to just juicing where I might be free of pain again.  But I then realised I was starting a journey, a journey to happiness, a journey with my chronic arthritis at least under control and possibly defeated.  And so looking forward I wondered what would happen next.

The next thing to happen was I realised I was living through some days with little or no pain.  I don't mean every day by any stretch of the imagination. But one day, then two days...  The odd day, followed by several days of pain.  But these pain free days were real.  I just needed to learn how to replicate them.

But my diet in the initial days and weeks was very boring, and I so wanted tasty food.  Thus I continued in my searches for basic foods that would cause least pain.  Fairly early on I realised I could not do without my meds.  It was with these that my pain stayed under control.

When I say under control, that in fact was in itself a landmark.  Before starting this diet I was unable to control either pain or inflammation.  I was now realising that I was able to use my meds to good effect.  Not perfect since I was still getting flares but I was beginning to see glimmers of light.

Scouring the web I found some foods might not just be okay and safe for me, instead they might actually me good for me and help my fight against pain and inflammation.  I mean things like turmeric and cherries.  Here is my list of foods that are good for me, as of today.
123456
Amaranth, Buckwheat, Cauliflower, Celery, Cucumber, Green Tea, Kale, Quinoa, Turmeric, Turmeric root, Baby Spinach, Black Pepper, Cabbage, Carrots, Spinach, Sweet Potatoes, Blackberries, Blackcurrants, Blueberries, Rocket, Sauerkraut, Savoy Cabbage, Cherries, Pineapple, ChickPeas, Raspberries, Tempeh, Walnuts, Strawberries, Avocado, Rapeseed Oil, 
(The numbers indicate the order in which I started introducing them into my diet.  Higher numbered items were, at the beginning of my elimination diet more risky.  The green items are my reset foods.  That is if I have a flare then I tend to go back to just these items.)

And so there was my next milestone: a spreadsheet of all foods I eat and whether I consider them risky - and most importantly a range of foods I could consider to eat relatively safely.

In the early days I found pain in almost everything I ate.  I have attributed this to "leaky gut syndrome" which is a controversial theory arguing the lower intestine is passing foods that have not been completely digested into the blood stream and it is these that cause many flares and so much pain.  I made my own sauerkraut and almost immediately on starting to eat it I felt my gut was beginning to heal.  I understood this because suddenly basic foods (green) were not causing so much pain any more.

I found my nights were good to begin with (having medicated myself) but around 2 or 3 aches would come back.  And then my next milestone I found a full night almost pain free.  As with daytimes, this is not every night by any stretch.  But to go through a full night without pain was amazing.

Where I am at now is frustration of waking up and finding pain appears as I begin to get out of bed.  That's a future milestone to look forward to.

I have concentrated on pain, you might ask about my inflammation.  I have seen changes there as well.  The most profound has been my hands.  First one hand cleared up and now both hands only have inflammation around the wrist joint, and that I can get rid of with an ice pack.

A continual frustration was my ankles were getting badly flared every morning.  But actually that was good in the sense I now know that all ankle inflammation disappears after about an hour of going to bed. Ankle inflammation was keeping me from walking.

And now I find my ankle inflammation is reducing.  It is not gone yet, my right ankle in particular is worse than the left.  But the change is happening.

2 comments:

  1. I was diagnose with seronegative arthritis.My fingers were very bad, I find it hard to do normal everyday, I started having pain in my lower back in May 2010. I had X-rays taken at two different hospitals. I was told by both doctors that they can’t see anything wrong. But my back kept getting bad to worse. I took number of treatments, I didn’t get much better. And my legs started getting colder.Now i can't still believe my self really cured from the sickness, oh by this time last year I start feeling bad about my life, I feel pain everyday of my life am very happy now that am really cured I couldn't have do this on my own I wish is not God that help me with my helper I was searching the internet about this sickness last 3 month when I found about this great doctor Ighodalo, the man that keep his words I wrote the man email about my problem immediately I get a reply from him telling me the steps and necessary things i need to do, i was doubting at the first time if it will work out but when i decide to give it a try, i found my self getting much better and i was cured. Am really happy now with my family you can also get your self cured too from this sickness by contact him through his email: dr.ighodalocuringhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anal, do you have a website you can refer people to please. Many thanks

      Delete