Food And Arthritis

Add the RIGHT foods to your diet to REDUCE arthritic pain and inflammation.
Include the WRONG foods to your diet and INCREASE arthritic pain and inflammation.
My choice? A life-journey based on a low-oil whole-food plant based diet.
Whatever your current state of health, make yourself healthier - you deserve it. Start your plant based diet journey today.

Thursday 12 May 2016

Sleeping tips

Getting and staying asleep with arthritis is not an easy thing to achieve.  On a bad night I can toss and turn hour after hour after hour.  At some point I might find a comfortable position and think to myself, if I can stay like this I will be in something close to heaven.  Then the ache begins and I know I will have to move, something.  Except even moving hurts.

I have a bag filled with wheatgrass that goes in the microwave for a couple of minutes before bedtime.  The bag then lies under the edge of my top pillow and I find the warmth in my shoulders a real comfort.

As I lie one thing I try to avoid is trapping any joints, especially wrists, fingers, knees etc.  Yes, in fact any joint.  I will, if I can, place one hand gently on the other, but a couple of inches down across the wrist.  I find when I am on my side this means both hands can be very comfortable for some time.

Similarly I find mostly I lie one foot on top of the other, and similarly with the knees.  As with the hands some nights these techniques work, on other nights nothing works.

No comments:

Post a Comment