Food And Arthritis

Add the RIGHT foods to your diet to REDUCE arthritic pain and inflammation.
Include the WRONG foods to your diet and INCREASE arthritic pain and inflammation.
My choice? A life-journey based on a low-oil whole-food plant based diet.
Whatever your current state of health, make yourself healthier - you deserve it. Start your plant based diet journey today.

Tuesday 12 July 2016

A pizza delight

Whenever one thinks of dietary changes you have to look at the lifestyle in which you live.  It is all well and good drinking high-powered juices each day but no restaurant is going to want you and friends drinking your own juices on their premises.  Also the fun of eating out is exploring new tastes with friends.

Add into the mix my diet and it is not difficult to see that I haven't eaten out a lot.  In fact I have only had one pizza in the last six months, and that was a big mistake leaving me with more than a week and pain, inflammation and recovery.  On my diet a pizza represents a perfect storm.  Usually it is made with wheat dough and topped generously with both tomato paste and mozzarella cheese.  None of these are good for my diet, indeed all of them individually will cause me pain and inflammation for several days.

And so it was with trepidation that I ordered a take-away pizza from Pizza Express.  The one I chose was a Pianta.  I chose the Gluten-Free option and asked them to remove the tomato and artichokes.  I added in goats cheese and capers.  Bingo.  Twenty four hours later no arthritic reaction and happiness reigns.

A fabulous pizza and I felt like I belonged to humanity once more!

No comments:

Post a Comment