Food And Arthritis

Add the RIGHT foods to your diet to REDUCE arthritic pain and inflammation.
Include the WRONG foods to your diet and INCREASE arthritic pain and inflammation.
My choice? A life-journey based on a low-oil whole-food plant based diet.
Whatever your current state of health, make yourself healthier - you deserve it. Start your plant based diet journey today.

Thursday 2 February 2017

I'm back and I'm healthy!

Sorry to one and all for not having posted for a long time.  Like one of the vloggers I follow, "Healing Josefine", I needed a rest from blogging.  Not only that I decided I did not like the epithet, "the sick one."  Does anyone?  Finding people taking about you rather than with you is not pleasant, no matter how the words come out.

So, from now on, I am not sick.  I may not be fully healthy, but I am not sick.  That's not just me asserting some dreamed up alternative truth.   Quite often recently friends and family have told me how healthy I look.  So what changes have come upon me?

  • I am walking much better
  • Not quite running yet, possibly more hobbling short distances
  • My daily yoga has helped enormously with flexibility.  I did not know how bad my body had become!
  • Bowel movements have made solid improvements.  I can go into details...
  • Brain is functioning.  For anyone who has not experienced "brain fog", let me just say you don't want to.  Hidden from view it is crippling.
In summary I am beginning to feel like I am re-entering humanity.  There are no easy guarantees of course.  I know that RA can come back and bite hard.  But there are differences now.

Now I have tools to aid fast and effective recovery.  My diet has turmeric in it every day.  If I ever feel RA has bitten me then I overdose on turmeric at each and every meal and every drink possible.  My diet anyway keeps me on the road to better health.  And so does my yoga.  And I have a goal...

My goal is to become more healthy each and every day.  That's not just some blithe statement but rather a practical outcome of my whole-food plant-based diet, exercise regime, and outlook on life.

I feel sorry for people, we all know them, who say "I'm getting old" and "you'll have to make allowances for me."  Well that's them, and I am sorry for each and every one of them - and their families who have to put up with a poor second best & foreshortened lives.

That may be their attitude, it's not one I share.  And unless I get knocked over by a bus etc, nor will I share it in forty years time when I am still enjoying an active and healthy life even though I will be over a 100 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment