Food And Arthritis

Add the RIGHT foods to your diet to REDUCE arthritic pain and inflammation.
Include the WRONG foods to your diet and INCREASE arthritic pain and inflammation.
My choice? A life-journey based on a low-oil whole-food plant based diet.
Whatever your current state of health, make yourself healthier - you deserve it. Start your plant based diet journey today.

Sunday 9 October 2016

What the future holds for me

Right now I am in some kind of control of my diet and my lifestyle.  I cook my own food, buy my own produce and so forth.  But the future could be frightening.  Imagine I have to go into a residential or care home, whether that be 10, 20 or more years ahead.  Will they provide me with a raw salad or will they force met to have mashed potatoes and over-cooked veg?  Now if I had limitless funds then surely I could get the care I choose and need.  But will care homes of the future bother caring for my dietary needs.

Also at that time will they take control of my medication and usurp my wishes without my knowledge?  Perhaps they might argue, with support from doctors, to relatives, "of course he needs sleeping pills", or whatever.

In essence will they treat the symptoms - or the cause?

There is no doubt that with sufficient funds anyone could choose the exact care they need.  But will I be in that position?  That, I doubt.

Fortunately I am becoming aware of Blue Zones.  These are places in the world like Okinawa where most people live beyond 100 years of age in great health, perhaps riding motorbikes, exercising regularly and probably more exercise than I do now!  Fortunately my diet is already on its way to fulfilling the Blue Zone goal.

However Blue Zones are more than just diet.  It is a social goal.  Eynsham, beware!  If I am to have a future then encouraging a Blue Zone community around me is a must.

No comments:

Post a Comment